Suzan is a passionate and dedicated professional who holds a Bachelor of Laws degree (LLB) from Makerere University and a post graduate diploma Certificate from the Law Development Centre.
She identifies as a result oriented, disciplined and hands on lawyer who pleasures in customer satisfaction. She brings with her a vast wealth of experience from her eight years’ experience in land, civil, family, Labour laws, commercial transactions and human rights Advocacy.
She is efficient and reliable for strategic advice cognizant of the time pressures and deadlines in today’s workplaces. Throughout her work life, she is known for her focus, honesty and self-confidence. She also has considerable experience in general business and trade.
Suzan formerly worked with Hilal & Co. Advocates where she gained experience in all aspects of Legal arena. She is currently the head civil and land litigation at the firm and she overseas this department under the direct supervision of the overall head Litigation.
She is also the executive director of for Labour and Consumer Advocacy (LACA) a Non-Government Organization with thematic areas in both labour and consumer protection.
She subscribes to the East African Law Society and the Uganda Law Society.
Professional Memberships and Qualifications
- Advocate, High Court Uganda
- Member, East African Law Society
- Member, Uganda Law Society
- Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice, Law Development Centre (Uganda)
- LLB. Makerere University Kampala, Uganda.
Areas of Expertise
- Land, Real Estate and Construction Law
- Commercial and Civil Transactions
- Banking, Insurance and Finance Law
- Labour, Employment and Retirement
- Intellectual Property Law
- Human Rights Advocacy, NGO, Environment and Natural Resources.
- Criminal Transactions
- Arbitration & Mediation